Monday, December 17, 2018

Prisoner of the Phantoms chapter 3

continued from chapter 2
Chapter 3: The Powers
     I shake myself as the phantom nearly throws me into my cell. There is a piece of meat on the ground, but I push it away. Hope is sleeping, so I look at the cell on my other side. There is a panther pacing in the corner. "Hello?" I say. The panther walks over to the cell wall. "Hello. My name's Rami." she responds. Rami. I think. Why does it seem so connected with Amir? I pause, taking it all in. Rami, Amir, Mira, Mira, Rami, Amir. They all have the same letters!
     I look at the schedule for the phantoms on an opposite wall, plotting how long I have in between tasks. The schedule says that it takes phantoms 5 minutes to switch guard, and 20 minutes to replace phantom pollution. They replace phantom pollution every 2 weeks. I realize that today is the day to escape. The phantoms will be gone for 25 minutes. That is enough time to get half the prisoners out of the factory. 
     Next time I see Amir and Hope, I tell them about Rami. "Amir, Why do your name and Rami's name all have the same letters as Mira? "Mari, I will tell you. I have powers, and you do to. When I found out I had powers, I changed my name to Amir. Also, Rami is my sister, and she has powers as well. I have fire powers, and Rami has water powers." She says.

No comments:

Post a Comment