Friday, June 12, 2015

First plane ride and new country!

On Wednesday I went on the airplane for the first time. I was so amazed when I looked out the plane window. Everything looked so tiny, like a toy! The first flight was short but the second flight was overnight. When we woke up, we were on the other side of the ocean. We had to do passport control in Amsterdam. I got my first stamp there. I am ten years younger than my mom was when she got her first passport stamp.
Then we flew a short flight to Copenhagen. We were there for twelve hours before the overnight bus to Berlin. We went to the National Museum. It had a fun kids museum but I couldn't make any friends because I couldn't understand them. Kjirsten slept on mom's lap and missed the museum. After that we saw horses in front of the government center and went up the tall tower. Then it was lunchtime.
Kjirsten and I were so tired in Copenhagen that I slept at the restaurant while my grandparents and parents ate, so I had to eat it as a picnic in the park where the little mermaid statue was. It was just a girl with fins. We fed the birds the end of the bread that was too crunchy. Then we walked through the star-shaped island that had a little village (mom says it was an old fort) and an echo rock. We walked through the woods to find Oma and Opa.
Then we went to the castle gardens and saw ducks and walked through the plants and trees there. We were so tired that we just went to the train station and walked around and saw the train model that ran when kids put kroners in. Then we got on the bus. We had to wake up in the middle of the night to ride the ferry. Then we slept again and woke up this morning in Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment