Thursday, June 18, 2015

Dresden and Berlin

Tuesday we went to Dresden. We rode in a compartment on the train with exactly six seats and was totally comfy. We had four tables so people could draw if they wanted to. That's what I did most of the ride. In Dresden we went to Altstadt and saw buildings with old and dirty bricks. Mama and Papa told me it got firebombed in WWII. The church we saw got destroyed five times by fire or bombing! I don't know why anyone would do that to a church. We walked up to the top of a church too and could see really far.

Then we walked through the garden along the river and bought some Frozen and Minion books in German! Then we stopped in a plaza and heard porcelain bells. They were neat.

The next day we went to Schloss Charlottenburg. I got to have my own headphones to listen to the tour. The rooms were so pretty! I wish I could live in a castle like that.

Then we went to see Kiara. We played at her house all afternoon. I even got to go shopping and get kinder eggs with Kiara all by ourselves! We played Indians and aliens and other things.

Today we saw Kiara again and played Egyptians on a playground. We made our own tombs. Then we went to dinner for Papa's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment